[tex4ht] make4ht-lib: Fatal error

Alexandre Roberts alexandre.roberts at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 01:41:27 CET 2021

At some point in the past week or so, tex4ht stopped working on my computer. I now get this error when I run it while trying to convert from tex to odt:

```
[ERROR]   htlatex: ?	?	 Emergency stop.
[FATAL]   make4ht-lib: Fatal error. Command htlatex returned exit code 1
Error: source file could not be loaded
```

The bash command that generated this error was:

```
make4ht -ux -f odt  -c $configfile $filename.out.tex
```

where $configfile is `myconfig.cfg` (file attached).

The last time I used tex4ht successfully without this error was on December 14. I think that after that was when I did a routine texlive update, which probably included tex4ht. (I just checked now, December 22, and it looks like I am still up to date with the latest tex4ht.) Did something change that might have caused this error?

I would be grateful for any tips on how I should go about debugging this!

Alex