[tex4ht] [bug #522] mjcli support removes '}' from formulas

Hans-Jörg puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Sun Sep 5 19:58:54 CEST 2021

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

When using make4ht with mjcli to render Mathjax upfront, closing braces are
not rendered at all.

I have attached a minimal example. When I compile this with `make4ht -f
html5+mjcli mjcli_test.tex "mathjax"` the browser shows "Test: {1,2,3" instead
of "Test: {1,2,3}".

I think the reason for this is the code that extracts the Mathjax CSS from the
HTML files. mjcli creates the record

mjx-c.mjx-c7D::before {
  padding: 0.75em 0.5em 0.25em 0;
  content: "}";
}

the CSS file generated by make4ht (mjcli_test-mathjax.css), however, only
contains the record

mjx-c.mjx-c7D::before {
  padding: 0.75em 0.5em 0.25em 0;
}

The `parse_css` function in make4ht-mjcli.lua uses `if line:match("%}") then`
to detect if a line marks the end of a record.  I think this matches the
'content...' line and the record is not completely red.

File Attachments:

Date: Sun Sep  5 20:58:54 2021  Name: mjcli_test.tex  Size: 77B   By:
hansjoerg

<http://puszcza.gnu.org.ua/bugs/download.php?file_id=431>