[tex4ht] why has the spacings between enumeration lists increased in TL 2021 vs. TL 2020 with tex4ht?

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 10:56:01 CEST 2021

Hi Nasser,

>I just updated to TL 2021 last night. I noticed the first thing when
>compiling some existing latex file that now the vertical spacing
>between enumeration list items is much larger than before. All other
>things being the same.
>
>Notice the difference. Now it puts the item in a <p></p>
>while before it did not. This explains the extra vertical spacing.
>
>I find the extra vertical spacing between the lines too large and like the earlier
>one little more.

The original output was buggy, as it didn't play well with \item that
cointained multiple paragraphs. So we start paragraph explicitly for
each \item now.

You can remove the spacing using the following configuration file:

\Preamble{xhtml}
\Css{li p:first-child{margin-bottom:0}}
\begin{document}
\EndPreamble