[tex4ht] [bug #509] Incompatibilities with Tikz generated by menukeys package

Julianus Pfeuffer puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Tue Apr 27 22:27:51 CEST 2021

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hi!

I am trying to convert a document where I am using the menukeys package to
HTML. It seems to use Tikz internally to draw the menu/key "buttons".
make4ht creates an svg for every usage of such a button but they seem to be
broken. For some of them, I get red lines, indicating a parse error. For
others, I get the box without the text, since there seem to be additional <g>
elements in the <text>.

I tried both drivers from your git repo already
%\def\pgfsysdriver{pgfsys-tex4ht-updated.def}
\def\pgfsysdriver{pgfsys-dvisvgm4ht.def}

The second, pgfsys-dvisvgm4ht.def only creates the text and no boxes but seems
to have no errors as far as I could see.

Not sure if this is an error that can be addressed in this package or its
helpers but this is the first package in the hierarchy I guess.

An example can be as minimal as:

\documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{article}
\usepackage{menukeys}
\begin{document}