[tex4ht] biblatex \footnotetext breaks in ODT

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 23:53:45 CET 2021

Hi Ingram,

>I am currently playing around with the sample document of my
>biblatex-archaeology styles, trying to convert into ODT. In the MWE
>attached after the first call of \footnotemark there are most spaces
>missing in the entire document ( outfile:
>https://ingram-braun.net/test/make4ht/footnotetext.odt ). This happens
>in biblatex' \footcitetext(s), too, then.

I can confirm this issue. TeX4ht seems to ignore spaces before
\footnotemark and \footnotetext, but if you don't use \foonotemark, the
command that should stop ignoring of the spaces starts their ignoring
instead.

Try to put this version of ooffice.4ht to the directory with your TeX
file:
https://gist.github.com/michal-h21/2b9130b736146db57862ea21f26a628f

It should fix the issue in your MWE. If it works, I will update TeX4ht
sources.