[tex4ht] Bad interaction with bookmark.sty

Francis Wright f.j.wright at live.co.uk
Sat Mar 13 15:52:42 CET 2021

Thanks to Michal and Karl for your replies. Further investigation shows that this is a bad interaction between the bookmark driver file bkm-dvips.def and dvipng, which I can provoke without involving TeX4ht at all. I will report this to the maintainers of bookmark and dvipng, as Karl suggests.

I am already moving to using MathJax to handle maths output and experimenting with using SVG for diagrams, as Michal suggests. This will avoid any issues with dvipng, but I wanted to investigate this bug first. In the short term, using the previous version of bkm-dvips.def provides a workaround, but I will try Michal's suggestion, which may be more portable.

Best wishes, Francis