[tex4ht] Macro parameter bug

Francis Wright f.j.wright at live.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 18:46:41 CET 2021

I'm using TeX4ht to generate HTML including mathematics to be processed by MathJax from LaTeX source files. MathJax supports macro and environment definitions provided they are within a math environment, and this works fine via TeX4ht provided the definition has no parameters. But if I use parameters, the # characters get doubled. I currently post-process my HTML files to convert ## back to #, which works, but it would be nice if TeX4ht didn't double them in the first place. Is there a better way to handle this? I can't find any way to escape or encode the # characters to avoid this.

Thanks, Francis