[tex4ht] make4ht-lib: Fatal error. Command t4ht returned exit code 1, Too many characters (> 500) for map line: `l'

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 23:36:33 CET 2021

>No problem. Thanks for trying. Could you please try this? Compile to PDF first
>using lualatex content_all.tex and leaving all temporary files generated
>as is in the folder.
>
>Now please try compiling to HTML using the same command I have in
>that text file and see if you get an error.   I found  on my end,
>if I do not clear all temporary files from the lualatex compilation before
>starting the HTML compilation, sometimes I get  this error. But if you do
>not, no problem, just something to try.

Everything seems to be fine on my machine.

>But my makefiles are set the same way for all my tree. They use
>the same make4ht command. So I have no idea when I run make if
>I have added a new section or not anywhere in some
>latex file. Since they need to work on any folder and any where. So I
>I can't really hard code the draft option.

Ah, OK then :)

>I do not use svg anymore for math. I assume you are talking about math here. I
>use  mathjax now. For graphics images, I convert all my images to SVG using
>makefiles automatically from PDF files, before compiling latex to HTML. I have
>not used SVG for math for long time now.  Sorry if I misunderstood you.

I've found that picture math is produced for some math in your file. It
is caused by using $$ ... $$ instead of \[ ... \]. I think that I was
not able to output verbatim math input for $$ math, so it is not like I
forgot to add support for it. At least I think.