[tex4ht] two figures in one row

Tomas Davidek Tomas.Davidek at cern.ch
Tue Jan 26 14:16:51 CET 2021

Hello,

    I am still investigating how to place two figures in one row in the
resulting HTML. Originally, my LaTeX code looked like

\begin{figure}

\centering

\includegraphics[width=0.49\linewidth]{fig_1.eps}
\includegraphics[width=0.49\linewidth]{fig_2.eps}

\end{figure}

For the processing with make4ht, Michal Hoftich suggested the use

\Css{figure.figure img { display: inline; }}

in the configuration file, which I adopted. Nevertheless, in some cases
the figures can't be automatically converted to SVG, so I made the
conversion to PNG manually and for such figures I use this code

\begin{figure}

\centering

\ifpdf

\includegraphics[width=0.49\linewidth]{fig_1.eps}
\includegraphics[width=0.49\linewidth]{fig_2.eps}

\else

\begin{tabular}{cc}

\includegraphics{fig_1.png} & \includegraphics{fig_2.png}

\end{tabular}

\fi

\end{figure}

It works rather well, but there are two issues:

1. what is the best way to scale the figures for the HTML document? I
played with [scale=XX] option of includegraphics, but it does a bit
tricky and not always leading to expected results

2. as some tables contain a lot of maths, I prefer to use pic-tabular
option. Nevertheless, it clashes with the figures within the tabular
environment. Is there any other way to achieve two PNG files to display
in one row? The above mentioned configuration command does not seem to
help in these cases....

Thanks a lot for any hint,

best regards,

                          Tomas