[tex4ht] [bug #494] ltugboat header and signature

Michal Hoftich puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Sun Dec 6 22:27:38 CET 2020

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #494 (project tex4ht):

Hi Karl,

I think the configuration for the Ltugboat class is quite old. ltugboat.4ht
requires ltugboat-a.4ht, which defines most configurable hooks.

The configuration in html4.4ht has some issues - for example it doesn't close
paragraphs before <div> elements etc. It also inserts too many <br /> in the
signature, which results in the blank lines.

ad 1) I think the journal info in requested using the following code from
html4.4ht:

\@ifclassloaded{ltugproc}{}{%
   \@ifpackageloaded{ltugproc}{}{\Configure{@BODY}{\rtitlex}}
}

You can detect the draft mode using ifdraft package:

\ifdraft{Do in draft}{Do in final}

So it should be possible to input tugboat.dates here. Could you upload sample
dates file?

I think there is issue with the .cfg file, because TeX4ht uses .cfg files
itself. I've tried to move the title and other information to ltugboat.cfg. It
compiled without errors, but the signature showed twice. I didn't really
investigate what is the issue, but it doesn't happen when I use different
extension, like ltugboat.adr.

ad 2) This can be fixed by removing <br /> element from HtmlPar configuration
that happens in \Configure{signature}. See the attached .cfg file. I've also
used the <address> element instead of just <div> for the signature, I think it
is semantically more appropriate.

It was set to be indented by 60% to the right, which is really strange. If you
want to align it to the right, there are better ways. I've removed the left
margin altogether, just the diamond glyph is hanging.

Best,
Michal

(file #393)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: hej.cfg                        Size:1 KB