[tex4ht] [bug #494] ltugboat header and signature

Karl Berry puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Sun Dec 6 00:59:39 CET 2020

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hi Michal - I'm sorry to have to ask you about this, but I'm just not sure
where to start with the tugboat-related code in tex4ht-4ht.tex.

Consider the attached source and output for a trivial tugboat article, which
just specifies information for an author and ends with our usual
\makesignature. There are two problems with the output:

1) the volume/issue/year numbers in the headline. This is fine for drafts and
authors, but for production posting we need to have tex4ht do "\input
../tugboat.dates" to define them. Ideally it would happen automatically if the
[final] option is specified, but if there's a way I can do it by hand, that'd
work too. How?
(For normal TeX runs, tugboat.dates is read via an ltugboat.cfg file, but the
tex4ht run does not read that .cfg. I don't know why not.)

2) there's a blank line between each element of the signature;
and the signature is pushed much too far to the right.
How to ameliorate?

In the past we've hacked these things with a local ltugboat.4ht file, but I'd
like to get away from that and use the standard .4ht's.

Thanks/sorry!

File Attachments:

Date: Sun 06 Dec 2020 01:59:39 AM EET  Name: tub2etest.html  Size: 2kB   By:
karl