[tex4ht] [bug #486] Strange error with minted

Michal Hoftich puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Fri Oct 16 20:47:30 CEST 2020

Follow-up Comment #3, bug #486 (project tex4ht):

Yes, but TeX4ht tries to include "\jobname.4ht, which comes from
"\jobname.w18" that is added to \@filelist by Catchfile. TeX4ht tries to
process the \@filelist and to load corresponding .4ht file for each file that
is specified in it. And here it happens that it removes .w18" from the
filename and tries to load "\jobname.4ht, which results in the error.

I've found where to insert the fix. It is in tex4ht-cond4ht.tex. It contains
the code that process the files in \@filelist and that loads the .4ht files
for them. This code is reused in .4ht files for output formats (html4.4ht,
tei.4ht, ...), so it is necessary to remove all .4ht files using "make clean"
to force their rebuild.

I've also found that the new code for package fixes that I introduced earlier
slows down the package processing significantly, due the check for file
existence. I will need to fix this as well.