[tex4ht] [bug #483] tex4ht produces a raw 'combining macron' in mathml when encountering \bar

Alex Watson puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Sat Sep 19 00:35:02 CEST 2020

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #483 (project tex4ht):

Hi Michal

Thank you! I thought about this a bit more, and I was about to post again
asking your opinion of whether this is a bug in tex4ht or in the validator.

Just for reference for the future I post these:

https://www.w3.org/TR/MathML/chapter7.html#chars.comb-chars

and a similar bug in mathjax:

https://github.com/mathjax/MathJax/issues/119

These come to the same conclusion that you seem to have in your comment,
namely that the non-combining version should be used.

Alex