[tex4ht] [bug #482] Can't load fonts with polyglossia

Agustín Covarrubias puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Tue Sep 1 04:05:02 CEST 2020

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Possibly related to #475. The following text is adapted from my question
<https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/560920/running-make4ht-polyglossia-under-miktex>
in the Tex StackExchange.

I'm running a document which compiles to HTML using make4ht + LuaLaTeX.

When testing both on Ubuntu, it works flawlessly, but when the same document
is ran on Windows 10 with MiKTeX, I get a bunch of `"Unsupported font"`
errors.

While making a minimal example, I realized this only happened when I imported
the `polyglossia` package.

A minimal example of such document:

    \documentclass{article}

    \usepackage{polyglossia}

    \begin{document}
    Hello world
    \end{document}

Compiled through (using v0.3e from MikTeX):

    $ make4ht -l document.tex

Gives:

[STATUS]  make4ht: Conversion started
[STATUS]  make4ht: Input file: prueba.tex
This is LuaTeX, Version 1.12.0 (MiKTeX 20.7)
 restricted system commands enabled.
Unsupported font        [lmroman10-regular]:+tlig;
This is LuaTeX, Version 1.12.0 (MiKTeX 20.7)
 restricted system commands enabled.
Unsupported font        [lmroman10-regular]:+tlig;
This is LuaTeX, Version 1.12.0 (MiKTeX 20.7)
 restricted system commands enabled.
Unsupported font        [lmroman10-regular]:+tlig;

# (a bunch of debugging from the document iself)

--- error --- Can't find/open file `[lmroman10-regular]:+tlig;.tfm'
[FATAL]   make4ht-lib: Fatal error. Command tex4ht returned exit code 1

This is a fresh installation of Windows 10 running latest MiKTeX, installed
directly from their website. The command was run under PowerShell. The full
output of make4ht can be found on this
<https://gist.github.com/agucova/9698075b951e02562736be8bd18448d4> gist.

I've tried changing fonts with no luck, as well as playing with MiKTex
settings.