[tex4ht] ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [save size=100000]. with tex4ht only

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sun Aug 23 11:01:33 CEST 2020

Hello Michal,

On 8/23/2020 3:25 AM, Michal Hoftich wrote:
> Hi Nasser,
>
>> ======
>> ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [save size=100000].
>> \__tl_analysis_a_space_test:w ->\if_meaning:w \l__tl_analysis_char_token \c_space_token \tex_toks:D
>> \l__tl_analysis_index_int {\exp_not:n { }}
>>                                                                                                                                                \__tl_analysis_a_store: \else: \int_incr:N \l__tl_analysis_normal_int \fi: \__tl_analysis_a_loop:w
>
> My guess that this can be caused by the regular expressions we use for
> fixing of code that is passed to MathJax.

I see. No problem. I just have to remember to add save_size next
time when installing new version of TL. I need to add this to my
tex4ht cheat sheet.

>> I fixed this by editing /usr/local/texlive/2020/texmf.cnf as root and adding
>> this new entry
>>
>> save_size=1000000
>>
>> And now the file compiles OK with tex4ht. (it takes about 2 hrs to compile)
>

> This is clearly too long. How long dit it take before the update?

The time to compile did not change after updating TL. About 2-3 hrs to
compile the HTML, and about 5 minutes for the PDF.  Here is the actual
web page itself

https://www.12000.org/my_notes/solving_ODE/current_version/index.htm

I think the long time due to having many tables. I am not sure why. If I was
using svg for math instead of mathjax, the HTML would take 2-3 days to compile.

>> It is strange, that I never had to use this before except now. Something changed
>> in tex4ht to cause the need to increse save size, which I have no idea
>> what it does.
>
> It is possible that the changes happened in the LaTeX kernel and TeX4ht
> has nothing to do with that.

OK.

I just posted question about it at tex.stackexchange.com

https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/559701/how-to-prevent-hyperlink-from-wrapping-in-fixed-width-column-in-tex4ht

May be this is how tex4ht was before and I did not notice. it is related to link
wrapping inside table. I could not find solution for this so far after
trying for some time.

Thank you