[tex4ht] [bug #236] using {newtxtext, newtxmath} packages breaks MathML generation in tex4ht

Michal Hoftich puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Sat Jul 25 00:29:31 CEST 2020

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #236 (project tex4ht):

OK, I am working on this question for more than five year now. Some details
can be found in my answer on TeX.sx:
https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/460843/2891

Thanks to Michael Sharpe's talk at TUG, I learned about existence of the
glyphtounicode-ntx.tex file. It contains mapping of glyphs from Newtx fonts to
Unicode. I am now able to generate .htf files where only relatively small
number of glyphs doesn't have the correct mapping to Unicode. Here is the
list:

aciiacutedbl
asciiacute
asciibreve
asciicaron
asciidieresis
asciigrave
asciigravedbl
asciimacron
circledP
cwmascender
cwmcapital
guillbracketleft
guillbracketright
hyphendblchar
newtieaccentcapital
newtieaccentlowercase
openbracketleft
openbracketright
orogate
Orogate

I found visual appearance of some of these in this file:
http://texdoc.net/texmf-dist/doc/fonts/lm/lm-info.pdf

Some of them, like cwmcapital clearly doesn't have any visual appearance.
Others like orogate, are some esoteric characters, that I haven't ever seen. I
do not know if they have any corresponding Unicode character.

If anyone know about Unicode mapping for any of these, I will be more then
happy to add them to the HTF files. I hope to add them to TeX4ht sources soon.