[tex4ht] using verbatim fails on some content when using mathjax mode

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Fri May 22 09:45:40 CEST 2020

On 5/21/2020 4:58 AM, Michal Hoftich wrote:
> Hi Nasser,
>
>> catdvi -e 1 -U index.dvi | sed -re "s/\[U\+2022\]/*/g" | sed -re "s/([^^[:space:]])\s+/\1 /g" > index.txt
>
>> It seems mathjax issue? How to tell mathjax not to look inside verbatim class?
>>
>> When not using mathjax mode, there is no problem at all. Here
>> is the raw HTML in this case
>>

> I think MathJax interprets this string: /\[U\+2022\] as math
> environment.  I hope it can be fixed using some MathJax configuration,
> but I am not MathJax expert :)
>
> Best regards,
> Michal

(ps. trying again. last attemtpt was rejected for some reason).

I think this problem is more serious.

I was now compiling an old file which has this

      \verb|\begin{luacode}....\end{luacode}|

And mathjax does not render it as verbatim at all. Gives my yellow error on the
page.

I also tried \begin{verbatim}, same problem. Please see MWE

====================
\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\begin{document}

\verb|\begin{luacode}....\end{luacode}|
\begin{verbatim}
\begin{luacode}....\end{luacode}
\end{verbatim}

\end{document}

Compiled using

      make4ht -ulm default -a debug foo3.tex "html,mathjax"

Error is "Unknown environment 'luacode'" on the page. Really? so how
does one tell mathjax not to look inside verbatim?

Any suggestion on the above one is appreciated.