[tex4ht] about configuring where to load mathjax from when using tex4ht in mathjax mode.

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 21:26:10 CET 2020

Hi Nasser,

> I can't remember where this is hard-coded. I know it is in some system
> file in tex4ht.
>
> I think it will be best if there is an automatic way to override default
> setting of where mathjax is loaded from to avoid having to edit
> system files that belong to tex4ht. Or not add this line at all,
> and let the user add the line to load mathjax in their .cfg? Because
> if new version of mathjax is released, user can update to it
> immediately by editing their .cfg file.
>
> btw, there is now mathjax V 3.0, but I am still using mathjax V 2.7
> as some configs have changed and do not want to change yet, afraid it will
> break something. But from what I read, v 3.0 is supposed to be faster
> than V 2.7, so one day will try to switch.

the path to MathJax can be configured using \Configure{MathjaxSource}.
The default value is:

\Configure{MathjaxSource}
{https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/mathjax/2.7.5/%
latest.js?config=TeX-AMS-MML_HTMLorMML}

You can change it to a relative path.

I can see that version 2.7.5 is hardcoded, so we may want to switch to
the newer version. Could you test it if it works with your code? I
think your documents are good test suite for edge cases :)