[tex4ht] [bug #449] \<space> is not a nobreak space

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Feb 27 23:50:55 CET 2020

Update of bug #449 (project tex4ht):

             Open/Closed:                  Closed => Open

Follow-up Comment #9:

Hi Michal - as you warned, but I didn't fully take in, this change affects
verbatim also. That doesn't seem good. Spaces are not generally breakpoints in
verbatim, and the difference between nbsp and ensp might well be noticeable
when verbatim is used for ASCII art, etc.

I noticed it with a {BVerbatim} block from fancyvrb, but I suppose all kinds
of verbatim blocks are affected.

So, the question ... is there any feasible way to use nbsp for verbatim and
ensp outside verbatim? If not, I kind of think we should revert. Thanks.