[tex4ht] [bug #448] Package patching in the document preamble is broken

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 21:23:48 CET 2020

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

I've found that the mechanism we use for package patching in the preamble
(using usepackage.4ht) is broken due to changes in the LaTeX kernel. This
means that document compilation fails when you use Fontspec font selection
commands now, for instance. I've reported this issue on LaTeX issue tracker:

https://github.com/latex3/latex2e/issues/280

The report contains more information and code samples.

It seems that it cannot be fixed, as the change was done due to another bug.
So we will need to find a workaround. Ulrike Fisher suggested to use the
Filehooks package, which seems to work, so I hope that I will be able to come
with a fix soon.