[tex4ht] New options for the paragraph separation

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 12:22:46 CET 2019

Hi Reinhard,

> I have no experience with ebooks.  Maybe the optional argument is a
> possible solution.  But can't this information be derived from the
> LaTeX file itself?  All you have to do is to determine whether the
> parskip package is loaded.

TeX4ht keeps the information about indentation in the generated file.
indented paragraphs have class "indent", not indented have class
"noindent". So it is easy to style them using CSS. The "p-indent"
option will make them indented, without vertical spaces.

> My favorite font is CharisSIL, not only because it's rendered
> perfectly in web browsers even at small resolutions but also because
> it's beautiful.  CharisSIL is an extension of Matthew Carter's
> "Bitstream Charter" font.  I wasn't aware of this beautiful font until
> Nelson Beebe delivered a TUGboat article using Bitstream Charter.

It is indeed nice. TeX4ht don't assume any fonts in the generated
files, but you can easily select fonts using CSS:

\Css{body{font-family: "Charis SIL", "Bitstream Charter", "New Century
Schoolbook", "Century Schoolbook", "Century Schoolbook L", Georgia,
serif}}