[tex4ht] make4ht -f odt bug

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 14:30:29 CEST 2019

Hello,

> MiKTeX gives the well-known bugs:
> "Java ... xtpipes ... " and also "tidy failed as well ...",
> but  TeXLive runs OK (no error or warning messages).

the ODT output for make4ht should work on Miktex. At least it used to
work some time ago, when I wrote code to locate the Xtpipes files. I
don't have access to Windows machine right now, so I cannot test what
went wrong myself. But another user tested her system and it compiled
on Miktex. I know there are several packages for tex4ht in Miktex,
maybe some of them is not installed on your system?

> However, when I try to open the  .odt files, Word says that
> something is wrong for both.

Regarding the attached ODT file, the ODFValidator [1] reports one
error - unexpected attribute "table:value-type". LibreOffice can still
open the file, but Word may be more strict in this regard. We removed
this attribute from tex4ht sources recently, I hope the fix is already
included in TL, but I am not sure.

The ODT file created using current tex4ht sources is attached. It
passes the ODF validation and LO opens it without issues.

[1] https://odfvalidator.org/