[tex4ht] Known incompatibilities with scrbook

"Jürgen Hubert" jhubert at gmx.de
Sat Aug 17 10:21:27 CEST 2019

Hello, everyone!

I am currently trying to create some custom subsubsection headers, and the scrbook documentclass was recommended to me. However, when I use the recommended parameters for scrbook

\documentclass[
  emulatestandardclasses,% emulate the layout of the standard book class
  chapterprefix=false,% but don't use chapter headings with "chapter" prefix line
  oneside,
  headings=small,% make the titles of chapters, section etc. somehow smaller
]{scrbook}

with my usual packages

\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage{chngcntr}% http://ctan.org/pkg/chngcntr
\counterwithout{subsubsection}{subsection}

\ifdefined\HCode
\usepackage[xindy,noautomatic]{imakeidx}
\else
\usepackage[]{imakeidx}
\fi
\usepackage{multibib}
\usepackage{tex4ebook}
\usepackage{xcolor}
\usepackage[hyperindex=true]{hyperref}

and the usual myconfig.cfg and mybuild.mk4 files, I run into the following error when I try to compile it with

tex4ebook -lm index -c myconfig.cfg -e mybuild.mk4 Sunken_Castles_Evil_Poodles.tex

! Package scrlayer Error: package incompatibility detected.

? H
Another package redefines \pagestyle incompatible with scrlayer.
This disables setting of \currentpagestyle and may be serious.
Maybe you could prevent this loading package scrlayer later.
If not you should either not use scrlayer or not the other package,
that redefines \pagestyle.

Since I have no such problems when using pdflatex, presumably the incompatibilities are with tex4ht. Has anyone run into a similar problem before?

Best regards,

- Jürgen Hubert