[tex4ht] [bug #433] Ligature fi becoming ø in avant garde

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 16:22:19 CEST 2019

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #433 (project tex4ht):

Thanks for the report. The 8-bit fonts can be sometimes a bit mess. Even if a
standard encoding is used, some characters, especially ligatures can be
non-standard, which results in such errors. tex4ht uses special files with
conversion tables between font characters and Unicode. These tables were
originally written by hand, so they may contain errors.

I've fixed the files using Htfgen [1], tool that can generate conversion
tables automatically. I've fixed lot of bugs and added new features to this
tool, so the updates for text fonts should be mostly automatic in the future.
Math fonts are a different story, as they often contain unique glyphs that are
not even in Unicode.

[1] https://github.com/michal-h21/htfgen