[tex4ht] Unclosed tag with theorem package

Hans Georg Schaathun hg at schaathun.net
Mon Jul 15 12:39:00 CEST 2019

I have found a quite annoying bug as illustrated in the attached
TeX and resulting HTML files.  Compilation with
  htlatex test.tex "xhtml,charset=utf-8" " -cmozhtf -utf8" "-cvalidate" -shell-escape

The bug appears when the theorem package is loaded and two theorem types
use the same counter (numbering sequence).  tex4ht fails to close the
div tag opening a theorem of the type which does not itself own the
numbering sequence.

With default CSS, this has no visual impact.  However, I use custom
CSS to optimise HTML layout for on screen reading, and then the
style scope is not limited as it should.

It is not a problem without the theorem package, so I may have a
workaround, which I have not yet explored.

--
:-- Hans Georg