[tex4ht] How to best find cause of Illegal storage address?

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Thu May 16 18:14:57 CEST 2019

On 5/16/2019 8:19 AM, Michal Hoftich wrote:
> Hi Nasser,
>
>> --- error --- Illegal storage address
>> Make4ht: Fatal error. Command tex4ht returned exit code 256
>
> Isn't it possible to make a smaller example? I think this error should
> be related to the tex4ht.env processing, so it should happen even with
> a smaller file. I think the used fonts and used command line options
> are the most important.
>
> Best regards,
> Michal

Thanks Michal,

I just found the problem. I changed

\documentclass[12pt,chapterprefix=false]{scrbook}

\documentclass[12pt,enabledeprecatedfontcommands]{scrbook}%

And no longer see the crash!

To confirm, I put back \documentclass[12pt,chapterprefix=false]{scrbook}
And now I get the same error again right away

This document has lots of Latex code generated by Maple,
which still use very old latex font commands, and that is why I
needed to use enabledeprecatedfontcommands. The strange thing,
it only failed with tex4ht and not with lualatex.

Given that probably no one else will encounter this in the world other
than me :) I do not think it will be worth to officially make
a bug report on it and a MWE unless others think it is worth it.