[tex4ht] BUG: xcolor tex4ht

Henri Menke henrimenke at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 23:44:36 CEST 2019

On 10/04/19 9:22 AM, Michal Hoftich wrote:
>> Thank you very much.  Does that also fix the
>> \AtBeginDocument{\definecolor{...}} issue?  Unfortunately the PGF/TikZ manual
>> still doesn't build with TeX4ht, but that is not related to xcolor now.
>>

> It should fix that. The main issue was the color name anyway. But I am
> sure there are other issues with the manual. I've tried to convert it
> using tex4ht two years ago and failed, mainly because the compilation
> was too slow on my machine. I think some issues can be fixed using the
> dvisvgm4ht driver:
>
> https://github.com/michal-h21/dvisvgm4ht
>
> It seems to produce much better results  than the default driver.
> Externalization should work too. I can help, but I am busy this week
> with writing article for BachoTeX, next week should be better.

I would really appreciate that!  The main difficulty I have is that TeX4ht
hooks into all kinds of macros which results in altered expansion behaviour
which blows up all over the place.  For the xcolor problems I have found some
workarounds, prior to your patches, which can be found on my tex4ht branch.

https://github.com/hmenke/pgf/tree/tex4ht

>> That is the first time I see this problem.  Unfortunately, chemfig is an
>> extremely complex package by itself, so I don't really know how those circles
>> are drawn.  It must have to with that because if I just draw circles with TikZ,
>> no shift occurs.  If it is possible for you to create a MWE without chemfig,
>> you can report it on the PGF/TikZ bugtracker.
>
> I am sure that hunting for this bug would be quite difficult, it
> really seems like a problem in chemfig.

Hm, that might or might not be the case.  Since the problem seems to be
driver-dependent it indicates a PGF/TikZ problem, but I agree, it will be
difficult to isolate.

Cheers, Henri