[tex4ht] BUG: xcolor tex4ht

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 23:22:58 CEST 2019

> Thank you very much.  Does that also fix the
> \AtBeginDocument{\definecolor{...}} issue?  Unfortunately the PGF/TikZ manual
> still doesn't build with TeX4ht, but that is not related to xcolor now.

It should fix that. The main issue was the color name anyway. But I am
sure there are other issues with the manual. I've tried to convert it
using tex4ht two years ago and failed, mainly because the compilation
was too slow on my machine. I think some issues can be fixed using the
dvisvgm4ht driver:

https://github.com/michal-h21/dvisvgm4ht

It seems to produce much better results  than the default driver.
Externalization should work too. I can help, but I am busy this week
with writing article for BachoTeX, next week should be better.

> That is the first time I see this problem.  Unfortunately, chemfig is an
> extremely complex package by itself, so I don't really know how those circles
> are drawn.  It must have to with that because if I just draw circles with TikZ,
> no shift occurs.  If it is possible for you to create a MWE without chemfig,
> you can report it on the PGF/TikZ bugtracker.

I am sure that hunting for this bug would be quite difficult, it
really seems like a problem in chemfig.

Best,