[tex4ht] [bug #412] tex4ht \Css code works using standard document class but has no effect using koma-script class

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Mon Feb 11 04:40:02 CET 2019

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

I think this is a bug, so to be safe, I am reporting here as well.

Cross posted at

https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/474282/tex4ht-css-code-works-using-standard-book-class-but-has-no-effect-using-koma-sc

I am using a \Css configuration which centers a caption under a figure thanks
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/472625/how-to-make-caption-be-centered-under-table-when-using-tex4ht

Now I find this does not work if I change document class to koma-script !

Here is a MWE

----------------
%\documentclass[11pt]{scrbook}
\documentclass[11pt]{book}

\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{float}

\begin{document}

\begin{figure}[H]
\centering
\includegraphics[width=0.5\textwidth]{example-image-b}
\caption{test image}
\end{figure}

\end{document}
--------------------------------

Now compiled using make4ht -c my.cfg where my.cfg is

\Preamble{xhtml}
\Css{div.caption{text-align:center;}}
\Css{div.figure img {text-align:center;display:block;margin-left:auto;
margin-right: auto;}}
\begin{document}
\EndPreamble

Gives the expected output with the caption right under the image.

Now changed the document to

\documentclass[11pt]{scrbook}

And making no other changes and compiling again using same command, gives the
caption no longer centered under the image. Meaning the CSS code had no
effect.

Why would changing the document class makes the CSS configuration have no
effect?

TL 2018