[tex4ht] problem with mathjax

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sat Jan 19 18:13:19 CET 2019

On 1/19/2019 6:04 AM, Michal Hoftich wrote:
> Hi Nasser,
>

>> \[
>> {B\boldsymbol{\tau}=}\boldsymbol{b}_{1}{\tau}_{1}\boldsymbol{+b}_{1}{\tau}_{1}%
>> \boldsymbol{+\cdots+b}_{N}\ {\tau}_{N}%
>> \]
>>

> It seems that the issue is caused by "\ ". I am not sure if it is
> correct spacing command for math, the correct command for large space
> is probably \; or \enspace. See the following article for more
> information: https://texblog.org/2014/04/09/whitespace-in-math-mode/.
>
> I don't know if it is possible to config "\ " to produce \enspace in
> the MathJax configuration, it will be probably necessary to fix it in
> the sources. Or ask on the MathJax support.
>
> Best regards,
> Michal

Thanks for all replies on this. Yes, I ended up editing the latex
by hand and actually removed the bold all together and cleaned it
a little until it compiled. As I did not know what was the problem.

Most of this code is auto-generated from Scientific Word, which
I use to do my HW's.

Mathjax is working OK so far. Thanks for all the work you did
on this.

Sometimes I hit a small issues like this here and there. But I
like the speed of compiling with mathjax vs. svg.

Also one major advantage, is the size of the build generated is very
small now. As there are no SVG or PNG images to upload to the
server, which used to be most of the size and so the overall
size of final build folder is much smaller now.

I still use SVG for math as a backup for those files
where mathjax does not work at all, like when I use siunitx
as an example.

Main issue with matjax still is that when there is lots of
Math on the web page or the page is long, it does take few seconds
to fully load compared to SVG which is instance. This can be
annoying sometimes as one has to wait for it to finish.