[tex4ht] macro containing a Unicode character

Alexandre Roberts alexandre.roberts at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 18:03:55 CET 2019

Dear Michal et al.,

Now two and a half years later, I would like to reopen this question, in
particular to ask whether it is possible to keep using a XeLaTeX document
that uses Unicode macros (rather than switching to LuaTeX). Given the
amount of work that has gone into tex4ht in the last couple years, I
thought perhaps a solution might now exist.

I have also posted a query about this on Stack Exchange:
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/470415/using-tex4ht-to-convert-from-xelatex-source-that-uses-unicode-named-macros-to-wo

I would be grateful for any insights you might have!

Best wishes,
Alex