[tex4ht] MathJax support

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sun Dec 9 11:23:03 CET 2018

On 12/9/2018 2:36 AM, Michal Hoftich wrote:
> Hi Nasser,
>
>> It looks new updated broke something in tex4ht as I am using same
>> command as before the updates which always worked.
>
> I've forgot to anounce that I updated also latex.4ht, which contains
> \NewConfigure{MathjaxSource}. It cannot work without this definition.
> The correct version of latex.4ht is attached to this email.
>
> Another issue is that you probably require mathjax-latex-4ht.sty in
> your .cfg file. You need to remove it, because it clashes with the
> code defined in tex4ht now.
>
> Best regards,
> Michal

Thanks Michal.

I overwrote

/usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/tex/generic/tex4ht/latex.4ht

with the file you attached and now make4ht foo1.tex "htm,mathjax" using
the example latex I posted in my last email does _not_ give an error
any more.

But I found another syntax error testing it more.

This MWE

=====================================
\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{amsmath}

\begin{document}

\begin{align*}
\overrightarrow{\sum}F_x  &= Mx'' \\
F(t) -kx -H               &= Mx'' \tag{1}%
\end{align*}

Gives an error compiling using make4ht foo1.tex "htm,mathjax"

=====================
(/usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/tex/generic/tex4ht/html4-math.4ht)
(/usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/tex/generic/tex4ht/html5.4ht)) (./foo1.aux)
! Misplaced \cr.
\math at cr@@@ ->\cr

l.11 \end{align*}

? x

It compiles OK using  make4ht foo1.tex "htm" and compiles OK
with lualatex and compiles OK with SVG for math. Only in mathjax
mode it gives error.

Any idea why this now fails in mathjax mode? I am sure this
compiled OK  in mathjax before the latest updates.

Thank you for your help.