[tex4ht] Problem rendering operator name in HTML when using mathjax mode.

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Mon Nov 19 01:26:08 CET 2018

I just found a new problem that I can't resolve.

I had to use

\newcommand{\LommelS}[1]{\operatorname{LommelS#1}}

To correctly compile code in Latex generated by Maple.

I could not use \DeclareMathOperator{\LommelS1}{LommelS1}

since a number can't be at end of operator. I posted question
about this here

https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/460667/declaremathoperator-not-working-on-some-math-names-with-a-number-at-the-end

And the answer given is what I am using. So the following MWE
works fine in lualatex and pdf

=====================
\documentclass[11pt]{article}

\usepackage{amsmath,mathtools,amssymb}
\newcommand{\LommelS}[1]{\operatorname{LommelS#1}}

\begin{document}
\[
  \LommelS1 x + \LommelS2 y
\]
\end{document}
=========================

However, when compiled using make4ht with mathjax mode
it does not work. It gives this

https://www.12000.org/tmp/11182018/screen_shot_2.jpg

I tried to do same Trick like Michal showed and changed my .cfg
to use

\Configure{@HEAD}{\HCode{
<script type="text/x-mathjax-config">
   MathJax.Hub.Config({
     TeX: {
       Macros: {
         \unexpanded{
         sc : "\\small\\rm",
         sl: "\\it",
	LommelS1: "\\LommelS1 ",
	LommelS2: "\\LommelS2 "
       }
     },
     }
   });
</script>
}}

Tried few other things above, but nothing is working.
I do not understand what mathjax wants me to type above.

There is no issue when compiling with SVG.

Is command such as \newcommand{\LommelS}[1]{\operatorname{LommelS#1}}
not supported in the translation to HTML using mathjax?

I used sthe ame command to compile this as I just showed in last email.
But for completion, here they are

make4ht -ulm default  -c ./nma_mathjax.cfg report.tex
        "htm,0,notoc*,p-width,charset=utf-8" " -cunihtf -utf8"

Where nma_mathjax.cfg is

\RequirePackage{mathjax-latex-4ht}
\Preamble{xhtml}
\begin{document}