[tex4ht] Automatic HTF file generation

Deimantas Galcius deimantas.galcius at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 06:45:05 CET 2018

Hi Michal,

	> I've finally finished the Htfgen project [1]. It's objective is to
	> automatize the creation of the HTF font mapping files.

It's awesome.

	> If no .enc file is found, then the font cannot be supported.

Encoding vector is always embedded in Type1 font. If encoding vector is
not specified in map file, you can get it from pfb/pfa file.

	> We should remove HTF generation for these files from
	> the huge literate sources for fonts and create smaller literate TeX
	> file for each of these fonts.

I'm not sure about this. Probably it is the way to go (if it makes maintenance easier).
We are talking here about hundreds of smaller literate sources and thousands of htf files, right?
IMHO literate sources are good for manual editing and documentation.
Auto-generated literate sources would not be meant for manual editing, would it be?

Did you consider generating htf files directly?
How do you test these htf fonts?

I'm sorry, I have too many lame questions...

Best regards,
-- deimi