[tex4ht] trying to understand how to use mathjax in tex4ht

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Wed Sep 26 23:16:34 CEST 2018

On 9/26/2018 11:37 AM, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:

> I posted a question about this double refresh of the web page
> when using mathjax more than 2 weeks ago, here
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mathjax-users/r5nE0IZH2gs
>
> And finally got an answer there yesterday.
>
> The answer gives some possible solutions to configure mathjax with
> to prevent this problem.
>
> I am posting this here, in case Michal wants to look at the answer
> and have these in his mathjax style for tex4ht, at least as
> an option somehow.
>
> I have not tried them myself. Will do that later today.

FYI,

I've tried the fix posted by David Cervone and it works.
I've also written small note on using mathjax with make4ht and
added it to my tex4ht cheat sheet showing the setup
I am using

https://www.12000.org/my_notes/faq/LATEX/htch4.htm#x5-690004.2

The fix is to disable fast preview. I've edited Michal style
file and added this line

<script type="text/x-mathjax-config">
       MathJax.Hub.Config({
       'fast-preview': {disabled: true},  <---- added this line
           TeX: {
             extensions: ["color.js","AMSmath.js"],
             equationNumbers: { autoNumber: "AMS" }
           },

What this does is prevent the double refresh. It will not
show the full math untill mathjax is done processing it.It seems
like a new option added to mathjax.

I do not know if Michal wanted to also add this to his
style file or not. At least if this could be made an option,
that will be good.

Will keep testing mathjax with make4ht.