[tex4ht] tex4ebook and imakeidx - no hyperlinked index

"Jürgen Hubert" jhubert at gmx.de
Mon Sep 17 10:48:40 CEST 2018

> Gesendet: Montag, 17. September 2018 um 10:41 Uhr
> Von: "Ulrike Fischer" <news3 at nililand.de>
> An: tex4ht at tug.org
> Betreff: Re: [tex4ht] tex4ebook and imakeidx - no hyperlinked index
>
> Am Mon, 17 Sep 2018 07:54:09 +0200 schrieb "Jürgen Hubert":
>
> > Can't open perl script ""C:\Users\Jürgen\AppData\Local\Programs\MiKTeX
> > 2.9\scripts\xindy\xindy.pl"": No such file or directory Make4ht:
> > Fatal error. Command xindy returned exit code 2
> >
> > ----------
> >
> > This has me stumped, since the xindy.pl script is, in fact,
> > located at precisely this location. Perhaps this has something to
> > do with the fact that the compiler lists the script within double
> > quotation marks ""?
>
> I doubt it.
>
> If you installed miktex in multiuser mode than your xindy.pl is at
> the wrong location. It should be in the main installation tree (see
> https://sourceforge.net/p/miktex/mailman/message/35700705/).
>
> But "Local/Programms" sounds as if you installed in single user
> mode. If everything is up-to-date then I would suspect that the
> problem is the "ü" in the user name.
>
> But to test this you would have to install miktex again in another
> user account without ü in the name. ;-(
>

> What happens if you call xindy directly
>
> xindy --help

The same thing:

$ xindy --help
/cygdrive/c/Users/Jürgen/Google Drive/Writing/Deutsche Sagen/Sunken Castles Evil Poodles/LatexTests/Test/C:/Users/Jürgen/AppData/Local/Programs/MiKTeX 2.9/scripts/xindy/../../xindy/modules: No such file or directory at C:\Users\Jürgen\AppData\Local\Programs\MiKTeX 2.9\scripts\xindy\xindy.pl line 402.

For the record, this _is_ the location:

Jürgen at J▒rgen-PC /cygdrive/c/Users/Jürgen/AppData/Local/Programs/MiKTeX 2.9/scripts/xindy
$ ls
texindy.pl xindy.pl

It would be enormously frustrating if the problem is the Umlaut in my user name, since that has bedeviled me a bunch of times during my attempts to re-install MiKTeX. Any suggestions for how to proceed?

Best regards,

- Jürgen