[tex4ht] tex4ebook and imakeidx - no hyperlinked index

"Jürgen Hubert" jhubert at gmx.de
Wed Sep 12 19:13:35 CEST 2018

Hello, everyone!

I am new to this list and can at best be described as "casual LaTeX user" - I use it every year or two for some minor writing project, and then put it aside again (promptly forgetting many of the technical details in the process). For my current writing project, I need to create an epub version of the ebook I am writing. tex4ebook has generally served my needs very well, but now I also want to add an index - or rather, at least two. Some quick research indicated that the imakeidx package was the best tool for this, but now I have hit a snag:

When I compile the LaTeX files with TeXworks (using the pdfLaTeX + MakeIndex + BibTeX option) I get proper hyperlinked indices like I want. However, if I compile them afterwards with tex4ebook (using cygwin) I do get an epub file... but the index is _not_ hyperlinked, unlike the other components of the epub file (such as the table of contents, footnotes, or other crossreferences using hyperref).

Here is an example document to showcase the problem - you can also download it here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qKDSmvmxCfxZJKsiM1nLDInL5zAX70BZ/view?usp=sharing

---------------------

\documentclass[oneside]{book}

\usepackage{imakeidx}
\usepackage{tex4ebook}
\usepackage[hyperindex=true]{hyperref}

\makeindex[intoc=true,name=index1,title=Index]
\makeindex[intoc=true,name=index2,title=NochEinIndex]

\begin{document}

\tableofcontents

\chapter{Test}

This is a test.\index[index2]{Test 1}

This is another test.\index[index1]{Test 2}

\printindex[index1]
\printindex[index2]

\end{document}

Can anyone help me out with generating a proper hyperlinked index from this? If I know how to do it for this sample file, I can do it for my (much) larger ebook. While creating a hyperlinked index with manually inserted hyperref links is a possibility, that's precisely the kind of work that LaTeX is supposed to automate...

Thanks,

- Jürgen Hubert