[tex4ht] what is the fastest way to convert large document to HTML?

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Mon Aug 20 20:57:46 CEST 2018

On 8/20/2018 7:47 AM, Michal Hoftich wrote:
>> I got the chance now to try it.
>>
>> It still hangs for me. Does it not hang on your system?
>>
>> I've put a zip file with all you code, using your new dvisvgm-hashes.lua
>> and a large latex file to try it on. The zip contains:
>>

> I was able to compile this file and even the first one (index.tex) (on
> the different machine than yesterday) with the new attached version. I
> also found one problem - your html files have .htm extension and
> mak4ht filter for img address fix haven't been executed on them. It
> should be fixed now.
>
> I've also created make4ht extension dvisvgm_hashes. It can be tested
> with development version of make4ht from github using:
>
>      make4ht -um draft -f html5+dvisvgm_hashes small.tex svg
>
> Best regards,
> Michal

Thank you again Michal;

I do not understand why it works for you and it hangs for me.

I made a small movie so you can see. This is animated GIF file,
so please click on this in your browser to see the movie

https://www.12000.org/tmp/hangs/movie.gif

When I compile small.tex, it works. But when I compile try.tex
which is large latex file, it seems to hang.

make4ht -um draft -f html5+dvisvgm_hashes small.tex svg #works
make4ht -um draft -f html5+dvisvgm_hashes try.tex svg #hangs

i.e. no more output. It seems to stop in the middle
as you can see in the movie. I do not know if I wait 5 hrs
more or more it will finish as there is no indication it is doing
anything.

I put also the ZIP file containing your new files
and everything used in the above movie in this folder

https://www.12000.org/tmp/hangs/

Well, I do not know what else to say, but thanks again
for your efforts, but it is not working on my end for
some reason. I am using texlive 2018 on Linux in Ubuntu
under windows 10 linux subsystem. And just to make
sure it has nothing to do with this set up, I always
tried the same thing on my Linux PC, wich is standalone
PC running Linux Manjaro. And it also hanged there.