[tex4ht] what would cause " Can't close file `index.tmp' (file is not open)" --- error --- Illegal storage address

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Fri May 25 09:23:36 CEST 2018

Hi Nasser,

> Found the problem !
>
> It is
>          \usepackage{pdfpages}
>
> The funny thing I knew about this issue with this
> package and tex4ht long time ago, but I forgot about it
> earlier today when I added the pdfpages package
> in order to use it in non-tex4ht mode.

I was working on pdfpages support last year, but didn't come with full
working solution.  I think the issue was how to efficiently support
conversion from PDF to bitmaps or SVG. Meanwhile, I've added the
support for PDF images, so it should be possible to finish the
support. I need to investigate this.