[tex4ht] "page is empty" messages. But nothing seems wrong in the HTML

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Fri Apr 6 02:24:15 CEST 2018

On 4/5/2018 7:02 PM, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:

> The slow down starts after where it says
>
>       Make4ht: dvisvgm -n etc...
>
> as follows
>
> ---------
> Entering report.lg
> Entering report.css
> Entering report.tmp
> Make4ht: dvisvgm -n --exact -c 1.225,1.225 -p 1- report.idv
> pre-processing DVI file (format version 2)
> .....  << How to speed up this phase? >>
> -------------------

btw, the above is known issue from 2016:

"tex4ht] problem with slow compilation of large latex file with large math content"

http://tug.org/pipermail/tex4ht/2016q1/001412.html

I make sure since then, when it was discovered by Jagath AR​,
that package titlesec slows down tex4ht, that I do not include
this package in tex4ht any more.

But the dvisvgm phase is still the slow part even without including
titlesec.

May be I just have to switch to Linux. But I have apps
I need to use on windows, that is why I am stuck on windows.