[tex4ht] should nameref.4ht be TL sources for tex4ht?

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Mon Apr 2 01:52:44 CEST 2018

On 4/1/2018 6:11 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
> nameref.4ht has been in TL since 2005 or so. And it is not
> system-specific, so there's no apparent way it could fail to be
> installed on Cygwin. I don't understand. -k

hi Karl;

I do not know, I am only reporting what I found. Please
see the installation log file if it is any help here:

https://www.12000.org/tmp/texlive_cygwin/install-tl.log

After installation of texlive on cygwin, I run one of my makefiles
on a file. It reported it is missing nameref.4ht

(/usr/local/texlive/2017/texmf-dist/tex/latex/hyperref/nameref.sty
(/usr/local/texlive/2017/texmf-dist/tex/generic/oberdiek/gettitlestring.sty))
! I can't find file `nameref.4ht'.
<argument> ...meref}\let \label \sv:label \input nameref.4ht
l.29 }

And when I searched for it (using kpsewhich nameref.4ht)

/usr/local/texlive/2017/texmf-dist/tex/generic/tex4ht/

There was no nameref.4ht in above folder. It could not find one.

So I put an old copy I had of that file there and now it compiled.

I do not have another windows PC now to try this whole process
again to check, and do not want to try again on my current PC,
else it will break something.

But if no one else reported this, since I am sure I am not
only person who installed TL on cygwin,  then may be it is
something in my system that caused it.

Thanks