[tex4ht] \TeX -> TeX

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 00:28:36 CET 2018

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 12:06 AM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is an easy way to make htlatex generate a
> plain text "TeX" for \TeX, ditto "LaTeX" for \LaTeX?  I mean, a "native"
> way at the tex4ht level, rather than redefining the macros in TeX or
> postprocessing the HTML with sed, etc.  --thanks, karl.

I can see that \LaTeX is redefined in html4.4ht or ooffice.4ht to
mimics the appearance of this macro in print, there is no
\Configure{LaTeX} or \Configure{TeX}. So I think that it would be best
to redefine these macros in a .cfg file. This seems to work:

\Preamble{xhtml}
\def\LaTeX{LaTeX}
\begin{document}
\EndPreamble