[tex4ht] .css generation from .cls file not from the .cfg file

Saravanan Murugaiah saravanan.murugaiah at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 12:14:00 CEST 2017

Hi All,

Is this possible to generate the .css file based on the customized .cls
file not from config file (i.e. \Css {}). e.g., environment quote was
defined in my class file as:

\newenvironment{quote}%
               {\list{}{\topsep9\p@\leftmargin\z@\rightmargin\z@}%
                \small\fontseries{b}\selectfont%
                \item\relax\}%
               {\endlist}%

and I am using the command htlatex test "xhtml,fn-in" "-cunihft"
"-cvalidate -p" for HTML conversion and the converted HTML output came is:

class="ptmr8t-x-x-90">Collusion  is  when  firms  use
history-dependent  strategies  to  sustain</span></p>

and CSS output is:

.quote {margin-bottom:0.25em; margin-top:0.25em; margin-left:1em;
margin-right:1em; text-align:justify;}

means the css output actually not generated from the class (.cls) file
instead it is from config file (.cfg which is used for tex4ht)

Now the expected output in CSS (for "quote") is:

.quote {font-size:80%; font-weight: bold;}

How can I achieve this? Please suggest...