[tex4ht] [bug #348] Problems with \autoref and Tikz

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 13:56:30 CET 2016

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

User reported some issues with Tikz to SVG conversion and \autoref handling on
TeX.sx [1]. I advised him to use the Tikz externalization to get the SVG
images, I have much better experiences with this method than with Tikz tex4ht
driver.

Regarding the \autoref support, it seems that there was wrong check for
existence of macro which contains the label type, because label types must be
set at the moment the \label command is called. The problem is that OP used
Amsmath environment which hadn't the label type set, so the macro \NR:Type
wasn't expanded and it was written to the aux file, where it caused the
compilation error in the next run, when the aux file was loaded.

I've fixed the check for \NR:Type existence at the time of writing to the aux
file and also added the support for amsmath environments, so they are now
referenced as "equation".

I also discovered that commands from commath.sty package produce wrong Mathml,
mainly because there are things like spacing commands in math operators or
missing brackets around superscript bases.

[1] http://tex.stackexchange.com/q/344200/2891