[tex4ht] [bug #340] Math issues in the ODF export

William F Hammond hammond at csc.albany.edu
Sat Nov 26 19:24:52 CET 2016

Michal writes:

> Thanks Karl, I thought that there is no XSLT processor included.

> I think that xtpipes works, for example cross-references
> doesn't work without it. As I understand it, it combines
> SAX processor with XSLT or calls to Java.

I have never dived into the code for tex4ht, but this last
description suggests to me that xtpipes is an interface to
James Clark's "xt", which is an implementation of XSLT
transformations via java libraries.

See http://www.jclark.com/xml/

I would not expect xtpipes to work properly unless xt is
installed on the user's platform.  There are 3 jars:
xp/xp.jar, xt/sax.jar, and xt/xt.jar.  The installation I
have is from 1999 and occupies about 4 megabytes in
/usr/local.  If it would help I can send along a shell
script for running it from the command line.

> I guess that all what xtpipes does can be done using Lua
> and the new Domobject, which will be used in next make4ht
> version. Maybe the Domobject will be usable also for
> conversion of mathml to starmath or TeX annotations.

New DomObject?  Sounds interesting.  Is there a doc for it?

                                    -- Bill