[tex4ht] [bug #339] remove/rewrite braille code

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Oct 30 17:59:00 CET 2016

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Antonis Tsolomitis tells me that the Braille support in tex4ht depends on
liblouis to convert tex4ht's XML output to Braille. and liblouis does not work
with our xml, and won't (they said their target is Office). Ditto for
LaTeXML's XML output.

Therefore it seems we should remove or completely rewrite our Braille stuff,
instead of having code that does nothing useful.

Antonis and others have written latex2nemeth
(http://ctan.org/pkg/latex2nemeth) as another tex parser that outputs braille
directly, since they had a blind student they needed to support right away.