[tex4ht] [bug #136] #line in output

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jun 2 00:58:09 CEST 2016

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #136 (project tex4ht):

hi deimi - wow, that is great!  the only (trivial) thing is that the strings
should start with "#line ", rather than "// line".  #line is what the C
preprocessor recognizes.

Can you send me the changes you made to insert those?
(That is, assuming you're ok with them being distributed under the LPPL.)

Just wondering -- is there any chance that perhaps the same code could be done
for the generated .4ht and other files?  (%line 777 "tex4ht-4ht.tex", etc.)
The derivation is so complex, it's often quite hard, at least for me, to track
back a given line to the source.

thanks!