[tex4ht] issue with tex4ht and minted package, extra space added

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue May 31 00:27:13 CEST 2016

    sudo pip install --upgrade pygments

I don't have pip.  And I don't want to go down the rathole of Python
updating and installing any more than I already have.  Sorry.

    It would be much better if everything needed to run
    this package comes pre-installed with TL.  This might not be
    possible for this package

It's not possible (practical/feasible).

    in theory, it is better to have everything be self contained in TL
    once installed.

In theory, yes, but in practice it's not possible (feasible) when
packages need to use extra Python (or Perl or whatever) packages.  Those
packages vary with different os's and different os versions and
different program versions.  TL is not an operating system distro.  We
can't provide everything.

Anyway, if you run the failing example and send a zip of all the
intermediate and output files (or upload it at
https://puszcza.gnu.org.ua/bugs/?308), maybe we can figure something
out.  No promises :).  -k