[tex4ht] issue with tex4ht and minted package, extra space added

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon May 30 01:46:52 CEST 2016

    Found a big problem with tex4ht adding extra space at start
    of each listing line in HTML,

It's easy to believe that an extra space is being created somewhere
along the line.  Especially since there is no minted.4ht, and minted.sty
necessarily has to play games with the ~ character.

Unfortunately I cannot run the document, since I get (after installing
the python-pygments package on my CentOS 6 system):

  *** Error while highlighting:
  ClassNotFound: filter 'tokenmerge' not found
     (file "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pygments/filters/__init__.py", line 47, in get_filter_by_name)

And so the output is entirely empty.  I don't know where that "filter"
is supposed to come from.  Some web searches didn't turn up anything
obvious.  Sorry ... I submitted the bug report to the tracker.  -k