[tex4ht] issue with tex4ht and minted package, extra space added

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Wed May 25 05:01:31 CEST 2016

Found a big problem with tex4ht adding extra space at start
of each listing line in HTML, which does not happen
with the normal listings package. Here is the question on this

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/311284/how-to-remove-extra-space-added-by-tex4ht-to-minted-listing-at-start-of-each-lin

If some tex4ht expert can shed a light on this, it will be great.

This looks like a version issue of different installation of something
since it works for others. I am on Linux mint 64 bit using TL 2015.
Python is 2.7.6. pygmentize is version 2.1.3

uname -a
Linux me-VirtualBox 3.16.0-38-generic #52~14.04.1-Ubuntu
SMP Fri May 8 09:43:57 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

The above problem makes using this package not possible.

I do not know if this is a tex4ht bug or some of
python version issue or the minted related software such
as Pygments.

here is the MWE, from the above link:

--------------
\documentclass[11pt]{article}%ext
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage{color}
\usepackage{minted}
\usepackage{upquote} %to fix string quotes
\setlength\parindent{0pt}
\begin{document}

\begin{minted}[linenos=false,fontfamily=tt,frame=leftline,
       showspaces=false,stripall=true,xleftmargin=0pt]{matlab}
clear all; close all;
t   = 0:0.05:50;
s   = tf('s');
sys = 1/(s^2+0.2*s+1);
\end{minted}
\end{document}

compile with

make4ht foo.tex "--shell-escape"

I get an extra space in HTML added. &#x00A0 (non-breaking space)
at start of each listing line.

Could someone please try this and see if they also get the extra space?